« Avoiding Mistakes When Hiring Employees Webinar - June 11th | Main | How to Find a Lawyer When You Need One »



TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Should You Form an S or C Corporation?:


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.


Would you not have your business rent back your house space and so still get the deduction?

Tom Copeland

If the business rents the house from you the business can claim the rent as an expense. But you have to report the rent as rental income as an individual on Schedule E. However, you cannot claim house expenses as a deduction on Schedule E. See IRS Code Section 280A.


Isn't another advantage that you can be covered under workman's comp. and unemployment benefits.

Tom Copeland

Maria - Yes and no. Yes, because you could get unemployment as an employee of a corporation, but no, you can be covered by workers' compensation even if you are not incorporated. I don't think these two issues are a significant reason to incorporate.

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been saved. Comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by the author. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.


Post a comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.

Top Blog

  • Direct Capital Top Money Management Blog


  • Email Subscription

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner


Become a Fan