1) If a day care parent falls on the front steps of your home your homeowners' insurance will cover you.
2) If you tell parents that you do not have business liability insurance they cannot later sue you if their child is injured.
3) If you transport day care children on a regular basis your personal car insurance policy will probably cover you if there is an accident.
The answer to all three questions is "false."
Although insurance may not be the most exciting topic to think about, lack of knowledge about what your insurnace policies do and do not cover can have a big financial impact on your life.
Join me at my upcoming webinar, "Reducing Risks Through Insurance" to learn the basics about insurance for your business. The webinar begins at 8:30pm Eastern Time and lasts for 90 minutes.
I'll be covering how to protect the children in your care, your property, and yourself from the increased risks of running a business.
- Self protection checklist to help reduce risks
- Insurance: homeowners and business property insurance
- Insurance: business liability, car, disability income and health
The webinar is sponsored by the National Association for Family Child Care.
These monthly webinars are an opportunity to watch a power point presentation on your home computer and listen to me cover these important issues. You'll have the opportunity to ask me questions live and you will receive a copy of the power point, plus handouts. You will also receiving a training certificate of attendance.
Don't miss this fun opportunity!
The cost is $25 (100% tax deductible!). To register, contact Mandi Hardy at 800-359-3817 (ext 225); email@example.com.
To see my upcoming webinar schedule.
Image credit: ccseo.com
For more information about insurance, see my book Family Child Care Legal and Insurance Guide.